Hello, my fellow A-Ces. This is Liz. I’m a certified technician, and today we’re going to be talking about how to connect your Skullcandy wireless earbuds to your laptop or desktop computer.
Navigating to Bluetooth Settings
- Start Button: First, we’re going to navigate over to the Start button. It’s in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Settings Pinwheel: And you’re going to click on it, and then you’re going to navigate to the settings pinwheel and click on that.
- Devices: Then we’re going to go into devices.
Ensuring Proper Connection Environment
- Check for Other Connections: Make sure no other headset is connected. It says those just say pair; they don’t say connected.
- Add Bluetooth: I’m going to add Bluetooth.
Preparing the Earbuds
- Opening the Case: Once I’ve opened up that screen, now I’m ready to get my device ready. I open the case, take them out, put them back in.
- Closing and Opening the Case: Then I close the case, open it back up. Once they’re both lit up red, take them out and close the case.
Troubleshooting Connection Issues
- Multiple Attempts: You might have to do this a couple of times. I found that it took a couple of tries to get it to work. But once it starts blinking like that, you know you are ready to pair.
Connecting to the Computer
- Hit Bluetooth: Now back to the computer. Hit Bluetooth.
- Select Skullcandy Earbuds: And as you see, my Skullcandy earbuds pop up, I click on that, and then it connects them.
Ensuring Audio Output
- Speaker Selection: Now, going over to this little speaker, I’m going to make sure that it’s selected, expand the box. See, my headset is selected, not my computer speaker.
Manual Selection of Earbuds
- Select Skullcandy Earbuds: It could be that you need to manually go in and select your Skullcandy earbuds. So as you can see, it’s the only headset connected. It’s the correct speaker selected, so I’m good to go.
- Disconnecting from Phone: Side note, if you still can’t connect, go on to your phone, disconnect your Bluetooth because it could be that your headphones are connected to your phone, so they won’t connect to your computer.