Hey, everyone. Welcome back to Hi-Fi Audios. If you’re facing issues with your JBL Flip 6 like it won’t charge or turn on, you’re in the right place. Let’s dive into the causes and the fixes.
Understanding the Issue
Understanding what might be wrong is the first step in troubleshooting.
Dead or Failed Battery
- Dead Battery: If the battery is dead, charge it for 2.5 hours, and it should power on.
- Failed Battery: If the battery has failed after numerous charges, it might need replacement.
Faulty Charger or Cable
- Inspect the Charging Port: Make sure the charging port is free from dirt or debris.
- Test with Another Charger: Try using another known good charger or USB-C cable.
- Use Original Cable: Always use the charging cable that came with the speaker, as aftermarket cables might not work.
Speaker in Service Mode
- Identify Service Mode: If accidentally placed in service mode, the speaker will not run on the internal battery.
- Exiting Service Mode: To exit this mode, connect to external power, press and hold the Bluetooth and play/pause buttons for 10 seconds.
- Initial Check: If the speaker is defective, it might be best to replace it or take it to a service center.
- Restart Attempt: Try holding all the top buttons for five to ten seconds, then press the power button. This could restart the device.
Additional Troubleshooting Steps
- Quick Restart: Press and hold the power button for a second.
- Initiate Reset: Perform a factory reset by pressing and holding the Play and Volume+ buttons for at least five seconds.
- Full Reset: Hold all the buttons on the speaker simultaneously for 10 to 15 seconds to possibly reset the device.
Charging Accessories Check
- Accessory Test: Try different charging accessories that you know are functional to identify the problem.
- Update Software: Make sure your software is up to date. You can update it via the JBL portable app on your smartphone.
And there you have it. We hope this guide helps you troubleshoot and fix your JBL Flip 6 if it’s not turning on. If you found this video helpful, don’t forget to like, comment, and subscribe for more tech tips and guides. Until next time, happy listening.